The haunting melody of an evocative piece of music; the alluring colours and designs of forms on a canvas; the masterful configuration of eloquent words on a page. Through the application of skill and imagination, artists find and express their own unique voices.
Like an artist, your path as a wellness professional will, eventually, beckon you to find your own distinct voice — an integration and expression of your knowledge, skills and natural talents in a way that’s uniquely yours. Translating this into a signature program and/or product is a deeply gratifying experience that can help you do your best work with clients, create opportunities for leverage and fulfill your creative potential.
Finding Your Voice
Whether you’re a therapist, coach, holistic nutritionist, naturopath or other type of wellness professional, your authentic voice will emerge from within you as you engage with clients. Allowing this expression of your own unique energy, gifts and creativity to come forth is an important part of your business’s development, and it relates directly to client attraction and sales.
Finding your authentic voice is an organic process that unfolds in its own time. Yet, it’s possible to support this process through inquiry and intention. Reflect on the following questions:
1) What parts of me really “shine through” in my work?
2) What aspects of my work feel most authentic to me?
3) How do my skills (the specific modality or modalities I use), natural abilities, experience, personal qualities, intuition and imagination blend together in my work, expressing my own unique approach to wellness and healing?
Sit with these questions for awhile, and be open to receiving the answers over time.
Articulating the Framework for Your Signature Program: Describing Your Process
When you start seeing, hearing, feeling or sensing your authentic voice from within, it will come out in your work naturally. As your work evolves, you’ll discover that you have your own distinct way of helping your clients experience the results they seek.
To help you communicate your unique approach, complete the following exercise:
1) Write down the specific process or steps you take clients through to help them achieve the tangible and intangible results your services or products deliver (even if this is not always a chronological process, frame it in a progressive, chronological sequence for clarity).
2) Name your unique process in a way that conveys the results your clients want to experience (e.g., “The Healthy Spine Program” or “The Open-Hearted Communication Process”).
Describing and naming your unique healing approach is a way of claiming your authentic voice as a wellness professional. From a marketing perspective, it will:
- enable you to “brand” your work so that it stands out as a unique expression of you;
- allow you to create a clear and consistent marketing message;
- help you build your credibility; and
- make it easier for your community (target market) to understand what you provide and the value of your offerings.
Finding your authentic voice as a therapist, coach or wellness professional will be a big breakthrough for you and your business. Expressing your uniqueness through your work will give you creative satisfaction and fulfillment, while drawing clients to an experience of healing and wellness they can only have with you.
In The Prosperous Healer’s Path™ Business Success Program, I help clients uncover their unique healing approaches and build high-impact signature programs that attract committed clients.
The Prosperous Healer’s Path™ Business Success Program contains everything you need to develop your client base and income streams and create a prosperous, fulfilling wellness business with ease and joy.
To find out if this program is a match for your needs, please contact me at email@example.com .
© Copyright 2012-2017 Mary C. Davis, ANAM TURAS. All rights reserved.
If you like this post, please click the “like” button below and share it with your friends. Thank you.
Also, feel free to submit your thoughts about this topic in the form below. I’d love to hear them!